help building an arsenal

triple saddles
In my experience, triple saddle arrangements often compromise the paddling station positions for tandem paddlers, especially in shorter tandems.

This was the case in my Caption which had a “Team Edge” triple minicel pedestal setup when I bought it.

The reason is that the bow paddler cannot be positioned too far forward or there will be too little room for their knees. Having the knees crammed close together compromises stability.

Placing a center pedestal position necessitates moving the stern paddler’s station farther back than desired for ideal boat trim. I wound up cutting the center pedestal out of my Caption (which I used in another boat) and re-positioning the stern paddlers pedestal, knee pads, and anchors farther forward for much better trim.

Of course, your situation might be different and will depend on the relative weight of the paddlers. But if you try paddling the boat with a lighter bow paddler and run into difficulties, it will probably be because you are bow-light.

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. I hope the triples work out, but if not, the boats will still be of value as dedicated tandems.

For my arsenal
I prefer a Ruger 556.

Nice but…
If we’re talking those guns… Franchi shotguns, Winchester 94 with tang sights, and various Weihrauch air guns for plinking and squirrel hunting. Oh yeah let’s not forget archery… Long bows and self bows.

If you were closer
I’d invite myself down to paddle tandem with you. I’d take the bow so you wouldn’t have to worry about a light paddler in the bow. :wink:

Proximity
That’s what I like about Pnet. North, south, east, west, all shapes, and various backgrounds, same love. Invitation given anytime.

Long drive…
but at least I wouldn’t have to bring a boat. :wink:

You are going to need a big boat rack.