Help My QCC is killing my back

NSI install on Q400
I am a new Q400 owner who is also less than thrilled with the seat/back comfort. Can you give more details about the NSI installation? Did you use the touring size backband or one of the whitewater ones.

Thanks.

backrest
I am not QCC owner but I vote (after Brian Nystrom suggestion) to stay away from touring version.

I like the narrower ones too
but in fairness haven’t tried a larger taller touring model. I have and IR Reggie 2.0.

With NSI Have heard the “anatomical” is not needed and the more basic version is fine (if it’s big enough for a lumbar adjustment - it’s too big?), but have also heard others swear by them. Think it really depends on paddling style.

NSI backbands
I bought the touring model with adjustable plunger - simply was not necessary. After one season I removed the plunger. My next move will be to pull off the cover and have at the plastic with a bandsaw to reduce the size.

If I had it to do over again, I would buy the regular size w/o the plunger.

Jim

a thought
I don’t know what kind of seat you have but that might be it more than the backband. I made a molded seat for my glass boat,spent all day and the next making a foam mold and making a glass seat from it,inside the kayak,took the mold out and finished the seat,it’s got so much curve/support that the back band isn’t needed when paddling forward with any effort. This is probably more effort than you want to put out but this is something I did 9yrs ago and there’s nothing like it for me.