How can I modify my seat so I can have a drier butt?

The Chinglish in the ad description is classic!

• The seat cushion is made of elastic silicone gel, 100% food grade material, innoxious, flavourless, safe and eco-friendly, harmless to your health
  • The gaps between the pillars is favorable for air circulation, ventilation and breathable, can prevent eczema and hemorrhoids caused by sedentary sultry.
  • The raised pillars can massage the buttocks, relax the muscles and relieve sedentary fatigue
    *Non-slip cushion, the small suckers at the bottom make the cushion anti-skid, don¡¯t worry it will move back and forward. The cushion can be placed in office chairs, sofas and other places
  • Never hot design, the gel cushion pad will keep your buttock cool and dry. And it¡¯s easy to clean, washed with water directly and dried quickly

Sparky961 - yes, always amusing! LOL

Hope you like your purchase.

One of my favorite canoe seat covers is a simple inflatable rectangular pad…I like being able to adjust the seat height a little. So something like the attached might raise you up a bit and hopefully provide extra protection from water in the boat.

Plus just FYI the motorcyclist in me recommends Monkey Butt powder for those times when a soggy butt is unavoidable.

Generally kayaking is a wet sport when practised. Kayaking when on the rack in the garage is drier.

TomL, yes, we have Monkeybutt for our bikes too!

Overstreet - yes, I said above that I don’t mind getting wet, it’s sitting in a puddle for hours that sucks!

So, I sat on this for a little while today in my yard. Amazingly enough it was pretty comfy! Can’t wait to try for a day trip :slight_smile:

When I owned/used a touring kayak I hunted down a pad that eliminated any issues, I had with the hard plastic…particularly in hot weather. I also hunted down some cooling things to place on top of the thighs(used a skirt)…then drank a lot of water… Looks like you’re getting there with all the help from replies…