How often should you apply 303 uv ?

303 is snake oil for fools and worse
303 is snake oil and pollutes the water ways. Anyone who uses it is an ignorant fool much like those who use herbicides on their lawn. They are suckered by the slick marketing of the chemical industry into creating environment disaster and high profits. 303 users should have no right to paddle except in highly polluted water. They function with a BP mindset and generations from now, their behavior will be criminal.

Wow!
So Nessmuk how often do you apply 303?

That’s right! 303 and Tilley hats
are stoopid.

I kind of agree with nessmuk a bit
maybe not quite that strongly, but I did 303 my boat once, and the next day when I launched I noticed an “oil slick” spreading out from my boat. No more 303 for me.

Ignorant fools…

– Last Updated: Jun-21-10 11:03 AM EST –

Do you own & use: a truck, car, motorcycle,motorhome, bus, go cart, roto tiller, all terrain vehicle,golf cart, scooter, lawnmower, chainsaw, jetski, motorboat, weed eater, snowmobile, snow blower, shredder/chipper, power washer, generator, 4 wheeler,gas grill,gas heater, wood spitter, or any other type of gas/oil powered gadget?

Do you use: detergents & softeners to wash your clothes, shampoo, creme rinse, bath soap,hair spray, deodorant, dishwash liquid, "any" type of liquid, foam, or aerosol cleaners, spray air freshner, bug spray, bug & tar remover, car wax, car wash, chrome cleaner,windshield washer, windex, bleach, paint remover, antifreeze, gas treatment, penetrol, wd 40, fuel injector cleaner, furniture polish, gun oil, spray paint, alcohol, brake fluid, transmission fluid, gel gloss, anti fungal spray, toilet bowl cleaner, adhesives?

Do you recycle "all" your trash ?

How is your electricty produced ?

Top 3 water pollutants: sewage, fertilizers,pesticides

Ignorant, polluting fools indeed.

:^)
BOB

We’re supposed to thoroughly rub down
303 after applying it. Chances are, you won’t see any 303 slick on the water after that.

Without proof, I can’t condemn boat coating makers for causing damage to waterways in their end use. As for damage caused in the production process, I have no idea.

Help preserve the environment
by coating it with 303! Who knows? Maybe some of that 303 “slick” will end up on other’s boats and help to protect them from that evil ol’ Sol, too?

spilt decision
apply 303 very lightly & buff it into all the hard & soft plastic on any trims in my boats. When not being enjoyed they’re sheathed in UV resistant marine grade canvas covers, so no worries about sun damage.

303, for me, is used 2 times a season just to keep the plastic parts flexible. And again before winter storage (45 days or so in MI). So an 8 ox bottle lasts me 3-4 seasons easily.

IMO if people see an oil slick spreading out from their boat and/or dripping from their boat onto their auto glass, they’ve either a) applied too much and/or b)not buffed it in enough. I’ve never seen that happen even the one time I put 303 all over a roto boat. 303 is supposed to be used sparingly

Composite boats get Turtle Ice car wax which is UV resistant. I am super pleased w. the beading the lack of color fade - and these are red-decked boats.

Trylon boat get Gel Gloss sold at any big hardward store. Dagger Blast get hosed down, washed occ. w. Simple Green & water.

The suggestions here for marine wax sound good & I’ll be looking into those.

yacht wax?
I bet you wear a Tilley also! :slight_smile:

Be careful waxing a Marine.

doubt they would object
Light & gentle is my touch. And looks so shiny when I’m done '-)

Did someone say put 303 on a Tilley hat?
Or Tilley hat on 303?

2-3 times a year
in spring, mid-summer, and fall…

I’m not sure if it works or not but…

I had an old ww mohawk canoe that I thought was a burnt orange color when I purchased it, after applying 303 it did turn red again… It has stayed red ever since… So, it did seem to rejuvenate that boat… It does seem to help keep color from fading on poly and royalex boats… and appears to bring back faded colors…

I use 303 on my car dashboard when I do my boats. I never have a dust buildup on my dashboard anymore. Do NOT use 303 on your steering wheel - it is very slippery. My dashboard also has not sun faded and looks like it just came off the showroom floor… More importantly, without the dust buildup, I can clean my car less often and spend more time doing fun stuff!

I also use it on pfd’s in the spring - so far, none have color fading especially when compared to pfd’s that didn’t have 303 treatment - they faded…

I personally believe it does help, how much I don’t know, but I will continue using it…

Not recommending the practice, but
on one occasion I was without my gloves and used 303 on the backs of my hands rather than go without protection on a long paddle. Seemed to work.

Neck gasket turning to mush; oxidation
Your neck gasket turning to mush is not from 303. Do you store your drysuit on a plastic hanger? Plastic outgasses, and the vapors WILL destroy rubber. I’ve been told that even storing a drysuit in a plastic bin will make the rubber deteriorate.

Note this doesn’t happen overnight, just when stored for extended lengths of time.

Re using 303 on a canoe stored under a tarp, in addition to UV inhibitors, 303 protects from oxidation as well.

good post…lol

MELT THE NECK GASKET…
WOW…that’s seriously scary stuff.

i only 303 my hatch covers every 30
days and the boat once a season. I don’t like how slick it is for recovery practice and environmental issues.

It’s put
303 tilly hats on your boat. stops UV like nothing else.