hydroskin shortsleeve shirt

xt padding
you know, i haven’t paddled the xt all that much, since i also have a mako 6. i put a thin pad in the xt seat, which i prefer to the bare seat. i probably will pad the xt sides when i start using it more, since i like the snug feeling of a narrower boat.

i’ve had a few excellent wind wave surfing sessions on our local big lake, lake pepin, in the mako 6. now if it would just warm up…

andrew

IMO hydroskin is uncomfortable
no matter how what size. It never really worked for me. I don’t think it provides enough insulation in cool water and cools too quickly as it dries. If it is warm enough to insulate I find it clam-y and uncomfortable.

A lot of people wear it and swear by it - I just swear at it.

Grizzley

Second that
I agree - I turned my clammy old hydroskin socks into water bottle cozies with drawstrings at the top - much better.

Thanks - “Grizzly” not "Bear"
I had the right idea, anyway.

or
today’s men sizes are yesterday’s girliemen sizes.

try finding a dress shirt at any “fashion” outlet.

I have one of these shirts
I don’t really find it restrictive at all. It’s tight-fitting, but no more so than a wetsuit. I think it’s meant to be that way, and I actually consider it akin to an “ultra-light” wetsuit.

I don’t mind the short sleeves. Long sleeves would be way too hot, but short sleeves work well in the weather I wear it in. Again, not binding at all. I have a 52" chest and wear a XXL, so if it’s going to restrict anyone, it’d probably be me.

YMMV.