I dislike long sleeved shirts for summer

@gstamer said:
For central Florida (meaning hot and humid) I like the lightest weight paddleme.com long-sleeve shirts, or lightweight Patagonia Capilene, in light colors. Both are very comfortable. You can always push long sleeves up your arm to make them “short-sleeved” but in really hot weather you are cooler when your skin is covered. In South Florida the paddlers often cover up completely with long sleeved shirt, hat and buff that covers neck and face.

Greg

My brother does that when on the water.

For me it’s short sleeve below 80 degrees and sleeveless 80 and above. I use a ball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes

Hey Jim (String); that bruising is just old age. All I have to do is lean hard against something and I end up with black and blues.

Jack L

@JackL said:
For me it’s short sleeve below 80 degrees and sleeveless 80 and above. I use a ball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes

Hey Jim (String); that bruising is just old age. All I have to do is lean hard against something and I end up with black and blues.

Jack L

Thanks for pointing out that old age thing Jack.

Three letter words are better than Four Letter Words. For example: Old vs Dead!! Bring on the long sleeves sounds good to me.

I would just as soon procrastinate on that four letter word!

@castoff said:
I would just as soon procrastinate on that four letter word!

And pontificate on any others.

I just found a new white sun shirt hanging in my closet. My wife actually listens!

She didn’t want to here anymore about it! :stuck_out_tongue: You married a good woman! :slight_smile:

Better than I deserve. <3

Long sleeve patagonia sun shade hoodie. I wear a visor over the hood for maximum protection. Way easier, cheaper (in the long run), and more effective than buying all that sunscreen.

@jbernard said:
Long sleeve patagonia sun shade hoodie. I wear a visor over the hood for maximum protection. Way easier, cheaper (in the long run), and more effective than buying all that sunscreen.

Hmm, I’ve never considered a hoodie in the summer. That would keep the sun off the neck and ears.

Interesting option.

I guess it’s no surprise that people that live in the hottest places on earth are fully covered in loose fitting, light colored clothing.

I’m picturing female paddlers in hijabs.

Cast you eyes on this Guy Harvey hoodie…guyharveysportswear.com/redfish-hood-ls-pro-uvx-2544-prd1.htm

Heck, I was thinking those of us that paddle with string “our eyes” would appreciate it if he wore a BURKA!

That’s the pot calling the kettle black.

I think that is the pot calling the kettle in the burka black.