I know I shouldn't buy this boat...but

Thanks
Thanks. I’ll wait for the drysuit and spray skirt. Then head out probably Wednesday or so and let everyone know how it went.

I’m still amazed at what I paid here. Right place, right time. I think this will actually turn out to be a great first kayak for me.

even if you don’t like it at first, keep
keep at it for a while. A challenging boat will teach you faster than a bath-tun like recreational one, provided you are willing and able to put some time, thought, and practice into it. But try to “experiment” with at least someone able to rescue you at first - you just don’t know what you don’t know as a beginner…

I got the plastic version and, while it might offer a beginner a swim or two initially, I don’t feel it is unreasonably unstable to learn it, though I think a more user-friendly boat like a Wilderness Zephyr 155 or P&H Delphin or Cetus would make things easier and less “traumatic” when just getting started -:slight_smile:

So, how did it go? Did you try it out yesterday?

Thanks Kocho
I haven’t taken it out yet. I was talking about next Wednesday. It really depends on when the drysuit arrives. Tuesday is a possibility.

It’s nice hearing from others who own or have spent time in the Nordkapp but it’s important to remember that there have been many variations of the hull on this boat and I doubt the 1994 HS hull is the same as what you have on your PE Nordkapp.

I need to get in the water with my PFD and drysuit so I’ll be going in one way or another.

Yeah, if a used Cetus was for sale locally I would have been all over it. But little beats a composite Nordkapp for $500. :slight_smile: The odds of either being for sale in Durango Colorado are less than slim.