i want it all

Have it all
Canoe, inflatable (zodiac) = cargo space

Outboard motor = speed

Used = $

Wow!! You mentioned it!!

– Last Updated: Dec-05-06 7:08 PM EST –

here is everything know about the pamlico 140:

The pamlico 140 hit the market in july 2000, and got discontinued in august, 2006. It is made of Gen 2 rotomolded polyethylene, And wights 56 pounds. It has a capacity of about 400 pounds MAX. There are two trims to choose from. They include the St, and the EXP. The Standard's MSRP is 630 dollars, and the expedition's MSRP is 830 dolars. The standard trim offers a Phase 3-lite seat, and the Expedition trim offer a Phase-3 seat and a rudder. the cockpit length is 47.5 inches long, and 22 inches wide. The Pamlico 140 offers a Sidelock footbrace system. top speed is around 10 mph extimated. it also includes standard deck rigging and day hatch in the rear deck.

The pamlico 140 is classified under Recreational, alough it is more suited in between Recreational and transitional touring. It has the length and gunnel shape of transitional touring boat, but the hull and cockpit of a recreational kayak. It has good performance in shallow waters, and is nice for lakes, slow moving rivers, coastal areas, and the ocean in calm conditions. When going out into the sea, the pamlico 140 should not be taken too far out in harsh conditions that some other kayaks can acheive and needs to be fully outfitted with a sprayskirt, rear& front flotation.

color options are blue, mystic blue, yellow, red, orange, olive, camo, sand, mango, spruce green, and sand.

I hope that helps :-).

whew, it feels good to let all that out.

SOT
I’m surprised no-one has mentioned a Sit On Top as a solution. I imagine it’d be easier to strap a hog onto a SOT than to stuff it into a kayak hatch. I’ve never paddled a SOT, but I understand they’re a bit easier to embark/disembark. A wetter ride for sure, but proper gear can negate this.

Phreon

Ummm,
the Hobie is a whole line of SOTs that can be propelled by traditional paddling and with their interesting peddle drive. They sound ideal for the poster’s use.

Shallow-water propulsion

– Last Updated: Dec-06-06 4:35 PM EST –

Actually, I'd be surprised if those fins on the Hobie yaks would allow doing what the original poster wants to do. He's going to be in a lot of backwater channels (which usually have sandbars and sunken logs), and he's going to be pulling up to shore and stopping quite a bit. Seems like those fins would be running aground or striking submerged logs all the time.

Also, the Hobie yaks I've seen really don't have much space to store a dead hog or other large animal. They seem pretty sporty, and not at all utilitarian.

Hard to say
He’s talking about covering some distance between islands and I’ve never been there to see what the water looks like. The fins are supposed to fold up for shallow landings with a paddle, but I’ve not had a chance to test one out. Couldn’t a field dressed hog fit in the aft well deck of the sport/fishing models?

A little OT, I was looking at the Adventure Island model with the sail and outriggers. What a blast that could be in a fresh breeze.

good option for hunting-fishing
http://www.nativewatercraft.net/

Brother in-law just saw this boat over the weekend that he wants to do similar things with along with some serious fishing. Comes in 12 foot and 14.5 footers. Seats pop out and they are pretty light to load without the seat. A year ago I would have chastised you for killing little piggies but I learned how feral pigs are starting to become real problems for plants and other wildlife.