I want to play

Bummer! Good luck! Be patient, something will pop up.

BTW the Valley Avocet comes in a plastic model. Heavy but otherwise probably really good choice for you, if you see one.

It’s definitely on my “short list” of ones to check out if I see one pop up.

That’s one of the other reasons I’m sticking w/ poly, along w/ cost.

@raisins being that we live full time in RV “type” rigs everything is potentially available for stealing. The plus to that is that we’re seldom near the cities where most thieves hangout.

I see your problem – if you are in the SoCal area there is a real lack of used sea kayaks on FB Marketplace and Craigslist.

But I see this unusually good deal in Irvine on an older Dagger Atlantis that looks to be in pristine shape for $850. Those old “tie-dyed” Daggers are tough as nails. I had an even older Magellan for a while that was in amazing shape – only sold it because the weight was more than I cared to handle solo.

The sale includes a Werner Kalliste bent shaft carbon paddle that is worth $550 and what looks to be a a perfect condition neoprene skirt. You could probably sell the paddle for $200 or $300 which would make the boat and skirt an even better bargain. The model is rated for “medium to large” paddlers but with a 23.5" beam it’s not too much of a tank for somebody with your athletic build. Plenty of cargo room. There are some very detailed positive ratings for the Atlantis on the user reviews here on P.com.

If you could find a Dagger Baja, it would be better scaled to your size and is a bit shorter. It does seem weird to me that coastal areas of SoCal have far fewer used sea kayaks for sale than I regularly find in my inland Northeast city where we are 300 miles from the nearest ocean.

Click on the “log onto Facebook” and it should take you to the listing. Or go to Facebook Marketplace and choose the LA area, then search on “atlantis kayak” if the link doesn’t work.

1 Like

I might be selling a Zegul Arrow Play MV (medium size) PE (plastic) in excellent condition, located in the 4-Corners area of NM. Fantastic boat, but we’re downsizing our fleet. I travel all over NM and AZ for work. Regardless of whether my boat is convenient for you, I’d urge you to go paddle one if it popped up for sale in your AO.