Inflatable PFD

Rose Ann?
Rose Ann Roseannadanna?

Wrong character
It was Emily Latella.

Jim

remember the wagon wheel? - - -
it was around during WWII too … and so was the “refridgerator” that the ice man had to deliver a big chunk of ice for and don’t forget the Model T. something having been around that since WWII certainly isn’t testimony to it’s value today. hey, weren’t you around during WWII?

hahahahahahahaha sorry, just couldn’t resist.

Ha ha hhhhhhhhha No but I feel like it
Sometimes…good one

I’ve paddled with Derek…
…when he refused to wear his PFD. He very nearly got nabbed by the Mass. water cops, as it was fall trip during the period of the year where PFD use is mandatory.

Sorry I missed that one!
sounds like fun!

I beg to differ
There ARE good reasons to use an inflatable PFD. One of the most common uses around here is for Greenland aficionados to use them over or under a tuiliq. The tuiliq provides plenty of buoyancy for paddling, but the inflatable PFD is there as a backup.

BTW, inflatable PFD’s have a CO2 cartridge that does the inflation work. All you have to do is pull a tab at the bottom of the vest. Granted, this doesn’t help if you capsize and whack your head, but a standard paddling PFD won’t float you face-up if you’re unconcious, either.

I was at one of his clinics and
he got very agitated with someone when he noticed the guy was wearing and un-inflated PFD.

Though he’s kind of a surly character, I liked him. He has contributed a whole lot to the sport/industry. He definitely has my respect.

Derek is a lot of fun…

– Last Updated: Feb-15-04 6:33 PM EST –

...as long as you don't take him too seriously. On that same trip, I took a boatload of grief from him for paddling a Nordkapp. All in good fun, of course.

inflatables are great

– Last Updated: Feb-15-04 11:29 PM EST –

the co2 cartridges are replaceable simple and easy. We all wore them when I worked at Everglades National Park and they made working in the hot climate alot more enjoyable. When Im paddling cold water though I wear my on inflatabe but the inflatable gives you just as much floation as most and it sure is alot more confortable in hot climates. You be suprised at how many people paddle with the life jacket strapped to their kayak because it was to hot. Besides do you think that you need a life jacket everytime that you turn over in a boatif so maybe you better learn how to swim. I have professional instructors in Ireland who use inflatable life jackets and the water is pretty cool over their also.