Jackson Sidekick or ?????

The Sidekick feels incredibly stable

– Last Updated: Aug-06-08 7:52 PM EST –

It also fits well. I can't imagine wanting to be in anything wider.

I am 10 lbs under the Sidekick's suggested upper limit, and right at the Remix 47's upper limit.

Golden …
golden is good till 110 …fun spin’s in the library hole etc.

It was 180 the day I went
I wish the water were deeper, though.

Have you ever been to Lyons’ WW park? I read that it is a good beginner park, and supposedly there is camping nearby. Flows there are too low now but I can put it on the must-do list for a better time.

Slide to the Darkside
So it begins.

I’ve seen this happen before.

Before you know it she will running the Los Animas in full Spring Melt Off .

Lyons
Did not go to Lyons this year but was there a ton last year. Its a good begginers spot. So is union chutes in south denver. A lot of stuff on the arkansas river. And you can camp there too. Levels are low now and its fun.

The library hole is golden is very friendly at this level and its a slow pool behind it.

Enjoy!

On the other hand…
It’s nice having a predictable river-runner in your stable. I’ve only got a playboat right now, and I’ve passed up some opportunities to run bigger water because I knew I’d get thrashed in this boat.

Lots of negative stuff on Jackson’s
plastic. Just a thought.

What are those bad things?
I googled it and found 2 or 3 posts about cracked plastic in Jacksons (yours was one of them). I don’t know how many boats they produce but 2 or 3 comes across as not something that triggers warning flags, especially since at least one of the boats in question was used (possibly abused) by a previous owner.

If there’s more to this, please fill me in on it.

check out boatertalk

– Last Updated: Aug-09-08 1:17 AM EST –

currently there is question on Jackson kayaks as it relates to plastic. Also do a search on their "forum" site with the term "Jackson kayaks and plastic". Hope this helps.