Jet Skis on the Ozark Riverways.

You misunderstood …

– Last Updated: Jul-16-07 11:27 PM EST –

You misunderstood my surprise.........

I was going to invite the drunks to join us at our campsite; enjoy some smores and chocolate milk, and maybe sing a few hymns around the campfire before they headed on downstream.

BOB

And …
I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale :slight_smile:

Kum-By-Ya Bob
lol.

see ya on the river

Yeah, we know thebob doesn’t carry
Chocolate milk with him on the river. :slight_smile:

KC Star article
On the front page http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/199839.html

Well, It’s No Wonder!
If some outfitter made me paddle a canoe with an OAR, I might be tempted to start drinking (LOL)! Things have definitely gotten outrageous as we cultivate a society who has no moral barometer. WW

This post is old and won’t die, But
Bob and I were in fact singing river song as those morons beached in our camp. Weapons, on the river or anywhere off my property? Not me. I only have the swiftness of my feet and the sobriety of my thought to outwhit the drunken intruder. They were fortunately unarmed, except for river rocks. But, they had us way outnumbered. None of us, our friends or families should have to worry about this stuff.

2 against 10 drunks
That’s not very good odds for the drunks. I’d like to be one of the 2 even though it doesn’t seem fair for them.

Balance of power

– Last Updated: Aug-03-07 11:33 AM EST –

Those looking for and instigating trouble usually aren't ready for those who are expecting it. When the leaders fall the rest will leave.

Choose wisely and remember elbows can do more damage than fists and all knees are weak no matter how big the person.

jet boats
The wife and I have had the men with the badges durn near swamp our canoe with their jet john’s on the eleven point river. all the while glaring like we were the litter bugs, and / or drunken idiots. Too much impact from the wrong crowds. Trash & Feces all around most gravel bars within feet of tent outlines.

I called the state department of Conservation, at Jefferson city and posed the Question of responsibility, Why aren’t the liverys,who are making a mint, paying a certain percentage of each rental to a fund to hire young people to clean up sections of the river. they go out in teams all summer every day and pick up all the trash they can and the state governing department’s overseeing these waters should match funds, and with a grant from the feds, i could see stream teams keeping our waters beautiful. And would be learning to give back, to what gives us all so much enjoyment.

Also if the liverys were kicking in the big part they would seemingly clean there campgrounds of such Dorks.

His response was “Gee that’s a good idea”…

We live near the Niangua river, and it’s just as bad, not so much with the john boats, but the crowds of Darwinian Drunkards. Immorality, Irresponsible, Irate, Idiot’s.

IMO, these people provide a certain cash flow, to these poorer counties, through fines and court costs and will not be corrected soon.

Anyway sorry i went on, but if you like my idea and/or can ad to it to refine it i will sign a petition. Thanks, George

P.S. if you are coming this way in fall/winter its a really pretty float, drop me an e-mail

Charging to use the River
sets a bad precedent–and probably isn’t allowed under federal law. I would prefer not to pay each time I put a boat on the river.

Still, something needs to be done. At least it sure sounds like it. Maybe you could make the owner of the canoe responsible for the cost of cleaning up any trash dumped out of it or something so that the liveries bore at least part of the costs imposed by the people they lease to.