kayak camping trip to a SC beach

Doug will be along with another trip report soon. He and several others are putting in some miles and camping on the SC coast near Charleston.

Thanks for the TR, Castoff. I have no idea where you went. Could you add a map to all the lovely pictures?

String, hard to believe 2 great whites cruised by SC. The number is the hard thing to believe. I think that must be a little bit of an undercount. Maybe two were seen.

The sharks were “tracked” according to the paper. I assume electronically.

They tag the great whites with satellite trackers. They also name the sharks and track their wanderings up and down the east coast. “Mary” often comes within 100 yards of Jacksonville Beach. They are there. They have been there long before now.

The Great Whites are headin’ north!
Codless Cape’s now a Pinniped Point.
And if Fort Sumter’s soon under attack,
it’ll be Rebs again that are blowin’ the joint!

And last spring it was Assateague Sound,
Jumbo-Jaws passed post Chincoteague Bay.
This season should Porker perhaps pony-up
“slay Misty for me,” some may say.

But no Hooper nor Brodie nor Quint,
can save Rookies from coming Gitchigumi tussle.
Soon mishipashoo (Release 2) turns tide upon you,
chompin’ at the bit’s radiated zebra mussel!

Always remember (as some Chef-fella who lost his head implored), “Never get out of the boat! Never get out of the boat!” (Aggressive step-outs excepted for we crookedly stilted-types.)

Oh. And thank you for the fine report and photos, castoff. And, as always, the ever evolving streams of conscious so many of us, as a fine and Frank fellow in Miami oft implored here in the past (I suppose he still has his head?), “Paddle on.”

Well it looks like you had plenty of wind but the good side is the it keeps the bugs down