Kayak for children

Thanks!
Hi Heather,

Thanks for the compliments! I followed your progress on the KBBB. The Sea Flea came out great! You (and Lilly) built that thing rather quickly, didn’t you? The bow stem issue was not a big deal after all; you took care of that without a problem. It sounds like you’re hooked on the kayak building addiction.

I see that you’re a volunteer EMT, is that with the Fire Dept?

Pedro Almeida

Yes, I am addicted!
How can anyone build a boat and not be?.. they are a thing of beauty! I hadnt expected the intense sense of satisfaction that accompanied the building progress. It is great!

I am not quite yet into the fire dept here. With college, a 7 year old, the local ambulance plus the one in the next town, I stay pretty busy. I would like to be on the fire dept., my application is filled out, I am just too chicken to fill my schedule up anymore. But its likely to happen soon.

Smiles,

Heather

Good luck
I hope you get into the Fire Dept. It’s a great job, and the schedule is awesome. I’m a Firefighter/EMT down here in Miami-Dade. Everyone thought I was crazy when I decided to leave Physical Therapy to join the Fire Dept., but now they understand why. I actually have fun at work, it has given me time to do other things like building kayaks and investing in real estate, and you just can’t beat the retirement benefits. I don’t know if they work the same schedule up in WA, but it’ll probably give you more time with your little girl, you just have to find someone to take care of her while you’re on duty. Anyway, good luck getting in.

Pedro

Thanks!

Thanks.
You’ve given me several ideas to consider.

Paddlin’ Dave