kayak storage outside/inside?

A good paddle in your favorite boat
followed by a couple of glasses of wine with some salsa and chips is guaranteed to cure stress.

Cheers,

jackL

Stop stuttering!
send me your e-mail address and I will gladly attach a copy of it and return it to you.

A man of your superior intelligence should know that one cannot attach anything to a p-net personal reply.

Our trip report is for over 700 miles of daily adventures which would be way to long to post on P-net and would probably offend someone who takes acception to the wonders of nature.

Cheers,

JackL

No squirrels around, right?
I live in the middle of a small forest … squirrels all over the place. Very destructive squirrels. They’ve turned parts of the lattice work under my deck into toothpicks and there are a few places they’ve chewed on the vinyl siding. One of them was so desparate to get into my gutters he chewed away some of the aluminum. NO WAY will I store my glass boat outdoors!

Remember the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog on “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”? Imagine that in a smaller, grey version … with dozens of them running through the trees …

Possible repellants
We have had problems with skunks invading the area under the garage and the kayak shed. They are filthy animals–crap and sleep in the same place. Die there, too, meaning flies seem to come out of nowhere in mini population explosions.

I started putting mothballs around places where they dig (we close up the holes but they just dig another place), and inside their “den” as well. I leave one hole open for them to leave the day after I put the mothballs there, and then I close that up, too. This winter was the first one we’ve been free of skunks.

You can put mothballs in short sections of nylon stockings, tie off the ends, and hang up around your boats.

Someone told me that cayenne powder also deters critters, as does a bleach/water mix. Don’t use ammonia, because it attracts stray dogs and cats to “mark” with piss.