Kayak Storage

@RWL said:
I store mine on the garage ceiling with cam buckle straps I bought in a four pack at Wal Mart.

Gotta say, I do like the simplicity. Probably cheaper than the setup with the winches, though still adequate for the job. I’d be concerned with some of the cam buckles I’ve seen, as they slip a bit but good ones that don’t slip easily can be found too.

I was going to put up another set up straps just “temporarily” for the boat that’s sitting on saw horses, but I just might try out this one because it’s very quick and easy.

@RWL said:
I store mine on the garage ceiling with cam buckle straps I bought in a four pack at Wal Mart. I modified the cambuckle as seen in the photo. It’s not an original design; I picked up the idea here. The original poster said he used corner / shelf brackets to trip the cam. The angle wasn’t right so I added a small extension to get the angle a little higher over the cam lever. I went to the fabric shop and bought 1" webbing to make each strap 19 ft long. I did have to remove the hook from the 12’ strap and sew it to the new strap. I do have to alternate from one strap to the other when raising or lowering but it isn’t as as awkward as it might sound. So far this has worked well. I haven’t had these up for a whole year yet.

I’ve hung my kayak like this for a couple of years with no problems. Just added a second one for my wife’s new kayak… I like your idea for for modifying the cam buckle with the angle bracket for easier raising and lowering. I had the same problem with not being able to get the right leverage to release the cam. I’m going to try that on mine. Thanks for the tip!