Kayaks for women?

Options for smaller boats
Granted I don’t open the day hatch when things are extremely active, but I wouldn’t want to lift the skirt then either.

In the boats that fit like I prefer, because of my height etc, they have pretty low foredeck heights. I have periodically tried temporarily placing stuff under the foredeck of my Explorer LV, and as limber as I am there is no way I could guarantee a wet re-entry with something there. I wouldn’t risk it. That option works much better for bigger people boats than what I am paddling.

The top-mounted shallow hatch under the foredeck has the same issues as an under-deck bag re space, but there is an access issue as well. At 5’4" I don’t have long enough arms to reach beyond the chart that I need to have on my deck for bigger trips and rummage around in one of those things. So the only place it could be is underneath the chart, which might as well not be there if I have to lift all that junk to get to some water. I’ll wait for a quiet moment and go for the day hatch instead.

(The arm length issue plays when it comes to options for spare paddles as well.)

Thanks again everyone
We have some good info to go on for getting my wife the right kayak.

women’s kayak
Not that I know of, but take at look at www.morekayaks.com. There is a 14’ and a small sit on top targeting women kayakers.Customized lightness is important.

aquatik

Lendal Powermaster
Whoa there. I own two Carbon fiber bent shaft Powermasters, a 215cm and a 235cm. My wife’s first choice is the 215, my canoe partner who is taking up sea kayak in a Perception Shadow, ALSO prefers either Lendal as compared to a Werner carbon Kalliste or a carbon Voyager Bering. Tell these fine ladies they can not use a Powermaster and you have a fight on your hands. I’m now trying to find another carbon bent shaft Lendal Powermaster to keep the peace and so I can use one when they both go with me.