Keen Sandals

I agree and second that
three years is just about right for Tevas and I can’t say for Keens but I’ll bet they last at least that long or longer.

What’s best with drysuit socks?
What would be best to wear over goretex drysuit socks? I would think it shouldn’t be a slip-on because they’re hard enough to get on over bare skin. The sandals have entrapment issues, and there’s the heel padding missing there. What do you all wear with your drysuits?

Paula

Peter - Move.

Paddling Perks Rocks!..
just got a pair of Keen H2s for a total cost of $73.45 by using my discount at Altrec.com! I had a pair of Merrils that smelled like dead worms, this makes new Good new sandals a bit easier to swallow.

Thanks P-net!

~Glenn

I was just there sampling the local

– Last Updated: Jun-10-04 7:54 PM EST –

brews (fine) and doing some field research on the wildlife, (wide variety, generous, splendiferous). The fruit street scene there was fine for me.

the $50 teva's did not fall apart my $10 sandals did, that is my point!

Air temps that year were well into the 100's in july; I believe it was 1993. It was so hot that boston was seeing a lot of 100 degree temps before mid june. My estimate of asphalt temps was very conservative, it would burn you absolutely, no question and not take it's time! Even the white concrete sidewalks burned me slightly. Crossing nebraska was murder. We were rubbing the cats with ice! The fossilized toyota SR5 could not run the air conditioner when it was that hot so we did without. Friend really wanted to get far away from new ex-wife so I went on a cross country trip with him and just played for three months hiking, getting in shape then pillaging in the cities and towns. I was freshly unemployed fron an internet company.

So glad you asked
I got a canadian frient to send me som aquaterras from mountain equipment coop. They have low heels decent volume and little neopreme. Who needs wet insulation over your drysuit booties. Bought a touch large (I have 9EEE feet and bought 10s) with the thick insoles removed they accomodate my feet, thin liners, smartwool mountaineering (not hiking) socks, and my suit; barely, but rememeber EEE.

If you use these shoes tie the laces so ther is no hazard of loops or loose laces getting caught. I have been somewhat entrapped but did not blow a roll that day.

Nobody has really considered this market. Most watershoes are full of neoprene and low volume, making them useless to folks with drysuit booties, and thick warm socks which require quite a bit of volume. Most fron salomon and teva have high heels like a running shoe, not needed in the boat or for portage, handy for adventure racing I guess.

You know what they say about men with really wide feet?..

They need really wide shoes! (What were you thinking?)

9EEE?
We wear the same size.

Good Sandals
Check out the Sandals available from Lands End @ $29.50 they’re a good price , waterproof and they wear well.

I forgot about paddling perks.
Unfortunately, I got the new NRS catalog and got 2 straps, a clear camera case, a kayak seat, and a head gasket. No more sandal money.

They’re Worth Every Penny
My family and I do a lot river trips and the toe covers are great for protecting your feet. The H2’s we’re recently on sale at REI for 65$.