Ladies, Opinion on Dry Suit Drop Seat Pl

Thank you all
My wife has ordered a kokatat from Kayak Academy with both the drop seat and the relief zipper. She rented a suit to try and KA told her to keep it for the next 6-8 weeks at no charge until her new suit is received. They are even having it made with last years purple color top and grey bottom in the new 2012 style! What service!

Both Zippers
My custom suit came in yesterday with both zippers. Paddled today in Maine and love it. Everything was absolutely perfect (though I haven’t tested all the seams yet) and love the fact I can store a FUD in an arm pocket pretty easily, so I may give it a shot.

One a side note, the zippers came in working smoother than any previous dry suit I have used, but still will be lubing them.

If you order a custom suit, make sure you get the booties custom sized. The normal ones are HUGE and the custom ones I got made all the difference in not having the seem in the wrong place and makes it MUCH more comfy in my boots!

It is interesting how
some folks just get used to the idea of necessary nudity in sports. Reading this thread reminds me of the adult hockey locker room where we all strip down to almost nothing and think nothing of it.

if you’re relieving yourself on a
treeless island with houses all around and not being modest, you deserve all the stares and catcalls you get.

custom drysuit colors
My custom arrived, last year’s purple one sleeve & back top with this year’s green for the rest, in last year’s diagonal style. LOVE IT! Off to Home Depot to buy hard cones to stretch the gaskets. Will 303 them first. Kayak Academy has supreme customer service.

Apples to oranges
Bunch of guys who all know each other, inside a room with no windows

versus

a lone woman outside on a totally exposed island or sandbar with powerboaters and jetskiers around?

NOT the same. I got no problem stripping with a group of trusty folks around. Did it all the time when I raced bikes, as did the other riders.

But among strangers outside of the self-propelled clan, no way. There are some people who still view that as “asking for it” or “exhibitionist.”