Layering under drysuit?

Arcteryx is a gas no ?
reports on AT ?

Arcteryx is a gas no ?
reports on AT ?

hat
I also wear my Kokatat hat on the balaclava. Went out once without it and didn’t like the sun in my eyes even with sunglasses. Hat is good to keep my visible too.

“anyone use a Cag?”

– Last Updated: Jan-08-16 10:20 AM EST –

I have a Kokatat Tropos storm cag. I bought it ironically because I overheat easily. That forced me to wear less layers under the drysuit. Then I wanted a warm layer I could easily don and doff while underway which lead me to the cag.

And it has performed very well in that regard. On the coldest windy days it feels like climbing inside a warm tent. After a chilly swim at our whitewater playspot it served very well to warm up my young son. Now I consider it essential kit just like a spare pare of gloves.

wool to avoid the stink…
I’ll wear synthetics for day trips and short trips/rolling practice but for extended trips (weeks to months) the stink with synthetics can get so bad that you literally can’t even stand yourself, even with fairly frequent washing of the garments (and yourself)!

I switched to having different thicknesses of Merino wool and like that much better, very little stink. I often use a different thickness on my legs versus my torso.

Greg Stamer

wash poly
clothing with isopropyl 70-90% as at Walmart pharmacy et al. Drum wash…agitators tear the XXXXXX out of clothing.

The detergent is not…never use detergent. Use diluted Palmolive liquid hand soap…the green liquid. 2 squirts per gallon for soft water. One gallon per $4 drum load.

Check for suds If a slight sudsing is apparent at the glass door then the load is cleaning.

I’m not sure if the iso goes in with soap or with rinse. I lean toward rinse with the iso as a surfactant

For heavier duty cleaning try Meguirs maroon bottle car wash with iso. The maroon bottle has oxalic acid a cleaning base used for stripping poly cloth before dyeing.

the iso kills bacteria detergent doesn’t kill on poly prob for the same reasons oil doesn’t come off poly.

This solves your smell problem in the short run.

I have a Sunday Afternoons sun hat with back neck flap. Wind tested. AAA.

Weather Dependent
But when temps drop to sub 30deg F, two layers of good long underwear, two wicking layers on top with a fleece pullover. Usually something thin on the neck, it can get chilly under the gasket, one/two pairs wool socks with neoprene calf high boots. I will paddle pretty much in any weather until the ice takes over.

.5 pint
Iso per $4 poly load

Pint for full towel load

When air temps below 0F
I wear 1 thin layer of polartec and 2 thick layers under a dry suit., Cabelas gore tea gloves and a balaclava or 2.