Leg Numbness in QCC

My .02 …
Hard to diagnose one person from another’s sit problems unless every person tries every option in order to get some consistant data.

I honestly do not think folks know what they are missing by not having a foot bar or something that lets them place their feet-hips in a more natural position while in the boat.

Someday soon they will be ‘invented’ by the big companies and then become accepted norm.

Most current peg / toe systems on the market just do not allow for sensitive foot/rudder control adjustment , lack surface area to bring feet closer together and are soo heavy.

We don’t walk with splayed out legs so why paddle like that ? Smaller folks have it worse as they usually have the pegs set well back and in the wider section of the boat.

Anyone who rides on a regular basis can tell you those fat , jello padded cruiser seats are a real pain after 15 minutes while a ‘hard’ real seat will keep you fresh century after century.

If you have a long seat pan and like to paddle legs straight out you (IMO) are probably causing some pain with the long seat pan +home made extensions. If you like to have your legs straight out, the pan has to be almost flat and really low(close) to the hull itself.

Paddling with rotation + knees bent ? A shorter, smooth, more bucket like seat will feel worlds better. Light padding is all that is needed.

Very true
But it’s going to be an uphill battle to get the sea kayaking community to wake up.

Nelo is producing a tiller-bar control, which looks like it could be installed in most rudder boats:

http://www.mar-kayaks.pt/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28_37&products_id=81

Still pedals are cheaper and I doubt the push will come from the mainstream kayak producers.

/Peter