Light weight cool womens PFD

We just got the new V8 in the mail with a few other items from REI. She actually thinks the pillow float thing behind her head looks weird but I am trying to convince her about its functionality and purpose. The whole back is totally breathable mesh so it should be really cool on hot days.

I think the head support also looks weird, but we look weird in general with our Paddling stuff on. And, the wearer can’t see it.

It isn’t really a “head support” and should not be riding way up past her shoulders. She may need to adjust the straps to be shorter and snug up the side buckles to pull it down. I’m shortwaisted and my V-8 back tends to ride up like that too if I don’t adjust it snugly around the waist and shorten the shoulders up.

The newer models have a what looks like a shelf at collar level behind the neck. I assumed it is for head support when you are floating.

@willowleaf said:
It isn’t really a “head support” and should not be riding way up past her shoulders. She may need to adjust the straps to be shorter and snug up the side buckles to pull it down. I’m shortwaisted and my V-8 back tends to ride up like that too if I don’t adjust it snugly around the waist and shorten the shoulders up.

Agreed that is NOT a head support by any means. Every time you remove your jacket loosen all the straps. The when you put it back on snug or tighten them up again. If it’s floating your head it won’t be floating you in short order, it will be off you!

Upon closer inspection, it looks like they added floatation to the upper back part. It is certainly thicker than mine.