Loading and carrying Kayaks for beginners

@string said:

@karen2 said:

Here’s a photo of the Hobie Revolution 13 in the bed of our truck. This is how we carried it to and from the launch locations (and shopping at Safeway etc.) during our winter in AZ. The photo was taken before we realized that the kayak would rub the paint off our tailgate(!), so the Masonite in the bed is not pulled out like it should have been.

Get a bed extender, aka lumber rack, I carry up to 16’ in the bed with no problems.

Till cop gets you. Your are limited on overhang.

Is it possible to move your load bars farther apart?

@PaddleDog52 said:

@string said:

@karen2 said:

Here’s a photo of the Hobie Revolution 13 in the bed of our truck. This is how we carried it to and from the launch locations (and shopping at Safeway etc.) during our winter in AZ. The photo was taken before we realized that the kayak would rub the paint off our tailgate(!), so the Masonite in the bed is not pulled out like it should have been.

Get a bed extender, aka lumber rack, I carry up to 16’ in the bed with no problems.

I’ve heard that. When was the last time you saw a HP?

@string said:

@PaddleDog52 said:

@string said:

@karen2 said:

I’ve heard that. When was the last time you saw a HP?

Nearly daily.

Even on top of vehicle length is limited by your wheelbase in may states if not all.