Long distance haul - 2 pelican 10’ recreational kayaks

I missed the part about the width of your rail in my earlier reply. That is your single biggest issue.

I agree with the idea of laying something up there so they can be flat side by side or against a stacker. After that, bow lines (one for each boat) and double straps.

People have mentioned cockpit covers. I am not seeing a way to secure such that would reliably survive a 600 mile trip on the highway in these boats. At the least, clip the loop to the forward bungie so when if does pull off you don’t lose it.

Unloading those boats is not a big deal. Even with the Hullivator on one side, I still periodically load a 50 pound 16.5 ft sea kayak onto my roof using rollers in season.

Honestly I have been hauling 2 10 foot Pelicans on top of cars with and without racks for years. Lay one flat, and lay the other one on top of it at about a 45 degree angle so it fits inside the rack rails.

Two ratchet straps or pull straps across side to side. Ensure that there are twists in the long parts of the tight strap, it will hum otherwise. You can do some paracord for bow/stern.

This setup is quiet and its not going anywhere.

Hull down
Even if its not raining any pressure points make dents in a sun xposed hull.
I put dents in my Keowee from hull up transport