Looking for first kayak

Be looking forward to your report

– Last Updated: Jul-21-14 8:13 AM EST –

Just as the title says! Fwiw time will tell but I think she made a smart choice moving up from that 10-12ft class boat for what you guys are doing.

Hoping to get out tonight
I’m hoping that we will be able to go tonight. I also joined meet up to try and find some local groups/kayaking trails.

I just need to pick up a paddle for myself so I’m going to look today. The problem is that I picked up a Camano at EMS and loved it, but it’s out of my price range at the moment. I’m going to go look at Oak orchard in a bit hopefully. I don’t think they have many name brand paddles, but their house brand seemed decent when I was there last and I only looked at their cheaper two models. The paddle I have now is actually pretty nice, but just too long. I’m looking for a 220cm paddle.

Thanks again for the help.

Hoping to get out tonight
Best of luck with it all, don’t forget that report ! Maybe I he store will have a good mid road paddle for you that’s in budget.

Pretty good day
Well, I picked up a Werner Skagit cf im today. It was a little more expensive, but it felt good in my hands and worked well paddling this evening.

My wife said she liked the kayak, but that she needs to spend more time in it to get used it as it is vastly different than she has used before. We paddled about 4x as far as we have in the past so I think the trip was successful even if it was short.

Cockpit comfort level
She should get used to the different handling if she is physically comfortable in the boat.

You’re outclassing me with your new paddle !

I saw a Calypso 14 in action today
Looked good, tracked well, maneuverable. The young lady had just bought it and only been out in it once before. She said watch me tip over !! I said nah not here in front of everyone anyway ! She was with an older woman in a short rec boat and they got her going first down stream in the creek. In no time the Calypso caught up with effortless paddling and then passed the other boat. NO comparison.