Looking to go lighter, 12-14 ft kayak

where do you paddle?
That makes a difference. For example, a solo pack canoe may be what you need.

If you’re a Michigander Tigers’ fan,
There is a Tampico on Craig’s List in the Lansing, MI area.

http://lansing.craigslist.org/boa/5654487637.html

New Sojourn Craigslist Raleigh
Actually TWO are listed! Beautiful boat and light too. Almost bought one but cockpit opening too small for me as I have flexibility issues. Think boats priced at $900.00 and $999.00.

Look
at the Sea Eagle Razor Lite RL391. Its 12’10" and easily the best performing inflatable available. I had a Puffin and this yak is faster and 28lbs and fill time is 8-10 minutes. My gf has broken her clavicle twice and has a shoulder problem from my biking and this is one impressive kayak. It goes everywhere with us.

Some more to look at.
If price is not too big a problem, look at what Stellar Kayaks has. You should have tried to win the 12’ Stellar in the just completed sweepstakes. Stellar also has some pretty light weight 14 footers.

If you want a sea kayak that is light, but a bit longer and for higher performance, consider the 15’-8" NC (39 lbs). nckayaks.com

Thank you all for your suggestions
I apologize for being MIA. Was having second thoughts about the whole thing but I just got back from a 4-day kayaking trip in the San Juan Islands (WA) and was so happy to be back in a boat. So, back to searching for real.

To answer some questions. I’m in Michigan and mostly kayak rivers. I live 1/4 mile from the Huron River and am often in the northwest part of the lower P, on the Pine, Manistee, Pere Marquette, Platt, etc. The 12’ Tsunami has been a really good length for where I go.

I do overnights on occasion, so need some decent storage. I chose the Tsunami because it was a good balance of weight, size, storage, bulkheads and price.

That said, out of all of the suggestions, I’m totally intrigued by the Hornbecks. I’ve done a few canoe float trips and can see me in one of those. Hard to argue with 15lb! I’m going to be driving to the east coast next week, so I’m going to see if I can see them in person.

FWIW, my budget is $1,500 to $2K, though I’d prefer to stay closer to the $1,500.

pack canoe
check out Dave Curtis’s Hemlock Canoe Works 5407 NY-15A, Hemlock, NY 14466 south of Rochester and south of the NYS Thruway.www.hemlockcanoe.com I am very happy with my Hemlock Nessmuck which is comparable to a Hornbeck Lost Pond? 10.5 length. In your price range.

And
If you’re in the Ads checking Hornbecks and Hemlock, might as well go by Placid Boat Works, a Spitfire would fit the bill, although way out of the price range…