Losing my glasses

For what it’s worth…
Not sure what you prescription is, but we have sun glasses from I think Duluth Trading company that come with an section in the lower half that comes in corrections between 1.0 and 3.0, in .5 increments. They are on the heavy side and cost more than $25, but are very replaceable and will stay on up to a point as well as be recoverable with something like a croakie and a float.

That said, short of some of the specifically designed ones like Sing mentions I am not sure what you can trust to stay on in real surf. And there are situations when even if you can see, you really can’t see. Like really dark water, capsizing near dusk or the swirly aerated water you hit in WW or surf.

I agree that being able to see helps learning to roll, but I am one who has always kept my eyes shut under water and this isn’t going to change well into my 50’s. So I mostly learned by feel of the paddle and the water, and using the boat to help with orientation. It works - when I screw up a roll it would rarely have been fixed by my being able to see anything. I’ve known a few others who roll blind, and they do fine.

Floating ones from Totes,
the umbrella people. I guess they still make them.

I have 4 I bought about 15 years ago and have been using the same one since then. Best eyeglass retainers I’ve ever seen! They have a floating foam band, are nylon coated and the earpiece holders are heavy duty enough to keep even small frames securely but work for large ones. I’ve been maytagged in the surf, big class IV+ too many times to remember, and am still using the same original strap. And sunglasses.

Wiley X sunglasses
I’ve got a pair of Wiley X sunglasses - they came with a strap that actually click/snaps into the earpieces. Very nice and seem secure - I’ve been upside down + wet exited with them in calm water w/o issue.

Always test it!
Always test it!

Need reliable vision at all times
For folks who wear glasses and are heavily dependent on them:

1. Be aware that it’s pretty easy to pop a lens. The frames may stay on your head, but the force of a wave or overturn could pop out a lens.

2)So if I’m on a longer trip in a remote area I always carry a second pair of glasses.

The issue is not just practise rolls—it’s that you need to have reliable vision on the water at all times. If I lost my glasses in a remote area it would be a life-or-death situation, given my eyes.

Floating Sunglasses – Amazing
Floating Sunglasses – Never lose a pair of sunglasses to the lake again!

Go to eckyfloatables.com

Amazing