miles per hour?

L
you should do the run BEHIND the dam down to Ft-Grandby… i am planning on doing that potentially on the 13th of sept…

F/f
= 0.0003720238 mph

1 furlong = 10 chains = 40 rods = 0.125 statute miles

I got 6.32
but then I used .633 not .6333

next time just paddle as fast

– Last Updated: Aug-05-08 3:48 PM EST –

as you can for an hour and divide by 1

but 6.32 mph sounds more impressive
than 5.47 knots

arkansasrunners.com
A calculator is waiting.

I didn’t have an hour today
1st paddle in the water at 0732 and off at 0810. I overslept. I need to be at work at 1000 so usually I am up at 0500 or 0530 and on the water by 0630 at the latest.

Am going to try and take out the OI tomorrow morning and do the same run. doubt i will have the beam wind though…

I need to take a day off and do some rolling practice. Can’t remember when I last did an offside roll.

paul

What did they do with …
…the B-25 taken out of Lake Murray a few years ago?

That dam is the largest earthern dam for power purposes in the world I believe.

didn’t it go
to Alabama somewheres?

anyway, tomorrow, OI and the Greyak woodwing!

can’t wait.

Paul

Yep…
… was talking to my father and next time we’re in Bham, we’ll stop by the museum. It’s right by the airport there.

I learned something new about that part of SC in that it was where a lot of training occured for the WWII bomber pilots around Lake Murray. I never knew that.

how many
smoots per hour is that exactly?

more impressive still
is Kilometers per hour.

Locally the wannabies all use that figure since it’s more impressive then knots (the marine way of expressing speed).

Thats just being silly
Anyone knows that kiloleagues per lunar month makes much more sense.

4/38 x 60 , is close …

– Last Updated: Aug-06-08 12:09 AM EST –

...... distance / min. x 60 , is an avg. point to point speed , not highest or lowest speed .

If distance is in miles , divide by 1.15 to convert to kts.. You should be able to this with either the original distance or the equation result and arrive at same answer , but not both .

Just Google it.

d/t=r

– Last Updated: Aug-06-08 3:20 PM EST –

I haven't read the follow on posts to the original, so if this is redudant please disregard it.

The equation to determin speed(rate) is "d/t=s" or distance divided by time equals speed(rate). If you express the distance in miles and time in hours you get speed in mph.

In your case the distance was 4 miles, the time was 38 minutes, or .6333333("38/60")hours. Consequently 4/.6333333 = 6.3157898(mph).

Who needs math…
try an online calculator like the one below:

http://www.conwayrunning.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=66

You just plug in your numbers and hit calculate. If you do a google (miles per hour calculator), you can find several of them out there like this.

Jamie