missing man soon to turn up dead on Lake Superior

Disappearing these days takes a huge amount of planning and work. But there is a flip side to all of the identification stuff now. And I don’t know if it is possible.

But if someone manages to successfully create a false identity, with documents and photos etc, the very things that would expose them now become part of their protection. The photos and documents etc now aid them in being the new person because no one figures it could be faked…
The glitch would be is someone tried to go somewhere or do something that required a document they had not recreated.

@Celia said:
Disappearing these days takes a huge amount of planning and work. But there is a flip side to all of the identification stuff now. And I don’t know if it is possible.

But if someone manages to successfully create a false identity, with documents and photos etc, the very things that would expose them now become part of their protection. The photos and documents etc now aid them in being the new person because no one figures it could be faked…
The glitch would be is someone tried to go somewhere or do something that required a document they had not recreated.

Live the homeless life… A woman that walked out on her family for 11 years and declared dead recently contacted police in the Keys as she heard police may be looking for her…
Just need to find a place with fair weather, an underground economy and blend in with the locals that could be mistaken for homeless themselves much of the time.

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article1950932.html

Eric Rudolph eluded capture for over five years. despite a massive nation-wide man hunt, having been on the FBIs 10 most wanted list that entire time, and despite the fact that Federal authorities had a pretty fair idea of where he was, which turned out to be correct.

I was wrong. He hasn’t turned up dead, but it is Lake Superior…where they often don’t. His kayak is also still MIA AFAIK