Mohawk Canoes

Royalex
Hi my name is Louis Shaw my brother and I started Two Brothers Canoe four years ago. We have formed 35 Royalex canoes now and feel we have finally mastered the process. It has been quite a learning curve for us. There are many factors that determine success in a Royalex canoe. First the layout of the material can not be too thin. Guys the manufactures pay for this stuff by the pound so the lighter they can make it the more money they can make. (By the way canoes are not the best margin business!) Second the blanks have to gas off correctly to achieve proper expansion of the ABS core. Third the material has to be formed in the mold correctly with most of the blank ending up inside the mold & not being trimmed off. We have made many canoes that came out like that video but they are now in our “Canoe Graveyard” Sad sad sight all those caneos just piled up! But let me say that done right Royalex canoes are tough as nails!! The people forming them just have to know what they are doing. We have learned from our mistakes but now we are super stoked about the toughness of our canoes. Louis TwoBrothersCanoe.com