Motor for Scanoe

Great Info
Thanks to everyone for the great info. Keep it coming if anyone has anything else to offer. The combination of the info here and that available at the links provided has been very helpful. This has really cut down on my ramp-up time on the topic.

Based on everthing I’ve seen, I think I’m headed the direction of a 3.5HP motor. Sounds like that will get us to some of the far-off locations on the bigger lakes up here and we will go with paddles for the shorter trips, fishing near our camp or just to squeeze-in a workout locally. As soon as I saw the Scanoe in the store I knew it wouldn’t easily glide through the water like others, but thanks for the warnings. I think it was the best choice given the variety of uses we have planned for it. If my family enjoys our outings maybe we will make another purchase and specialize a bit with something intended just for paddling.

Thanks again!

What you NEED is STEAM power!
and I ain’t kiddin either brother…

scroll down through these pictures of a STEAM POWERED Scanoe!

http://tinyurl.com/28b99m

Adresses the weight distribution issue.

Yep…
ok, just thought a little humor would do here…

Folding Evinrude
I had a scanoe and used a ~1965 4 hp Evinrude that folded in half and came in a carrying case. Nice little motor but it had a seperate gas tank. There was no neutral, so when you pulled the rope it took off. I also had to put 80-100 lbs. of sandbags in the front when I was alone or it would pull wheeleys. It was wonderful in in 2+foot whitecaps. I also used an electric trolling motor at times and put the battery in the front and ran the wire to the back of the boat to the motor. The battery worked as ballast. Sold them all a few years ago, but they were great for fishing.

Reminded me of of the African River
Queen. I could just see Bogey and Kate steaming down the Congo or whatever river that was.

I thought the “P” in “Pnet”…
…was for Poling. :wink:

That’s a possibility too!
How many horses does your pole have? lol

On second thought, please don’t answer that!

2 stroke or 4 ??? nemmind NM