Muscle tension from a new kayak?

It’s a custom built touring style kayak, bulkheads back and front, with a bar to brace feet against, and molded crescent shape knee rests in the cockpit sides. This kayak is not a roller. Builder/previous owner tried to roll once but was unable to do a 360 and just exited out the bottom.

I can frog my legs and contact the bottom of the deck no problemo.

Looks like a Pygmy kit. Maybe a Queen Charlotte. I don’t know where the foot rest idea came from, maybe redoing that to something you are more comfortable with will help.

I recommend remove the old stuff. Replace with the a Sweet Cheeks inflatable seat.

Are you insane?

My folding kayaks have inflatable seats. Love them for all day comfort. Always keep them only partially inflated so I don’t sit too high and so that they can roll with my torso rotation. My butt never goes to sleep nor my hip joints get cramped in those boats.

The seat back in my Feathercraft Wisper folder, which is low profile and back-band sized, also separately inflates which means I can adjust lumbar support if I or another paddler needs that. It also moves nicely with me without impairing core body form while paddling, though I typically don’t lean back into whatever is behind me when I paddle.

My guess is it’s a reference to the “insane” machine guns and the stairway to heaven thingy at the bow.

If it is about the military customization, should see some of the pirate mods l have seen people do…

1 Like

Coolest one I’ve seen is a rubber shrunken head fastened to the bow.

“insane”…in what sense? If Guy Fieria says it it is a good thing.

Grey Wolves and his fake gun ship.
Some people seem fixated on guns. They want you to know they carry. They have guns in the couch, in the workshop, in the truck, in the night stand. I grew up with guns, but I am growing weary of this fascination, especially military black guns. It is an odd paranoia. It gives them power. They must have a lot of fear.

1 Like

It is not my thing either… But sometimes it needs to be about a kayak.

Doesn’t really give them power. In fact to many of us it makes them appear pathetic and weak. I can shoot, in fact used to be a dead shot with a rifle. But firing a gun always made me a little queasy because I was always aware (thanks to my father, who earned a sharpshooter medal in WW II) that the projectile that I had launched could cause terrible pain or death wherever it might land. There was really not even much satisfaction in scoring well on the target due to that awareness of what the machine in my hand was designed to do. The problem with guns is that they are too easy to use and to easy to cause irrevocable damage or an end to people’s lives, even (and more often) the shooter’s own. Owning guns is a fool’s errand unless you need them to kill an animal for food. And flaunting a machine, that any fool can buy and wield, as some sort of badge of power or exceptionalism is deluded childishness.

1 Like

That should get a few answers. Next there will be a march on your house by Why Guns Matter.