My feet are cold!

Thanks again
Thanks again for all the responses. I do sit, with an inch of closed cell foam and a gel seat under me. Pushing on the footrests? I don’t think so, not that much anyway. I went looking for the Chota mucklucks, but it appears no one has any - maybe they are in the process of a redesign?? Anyway, I ended up ordering the NRS Boundary Shoe, which looks about the same.

Yeah…
"…now it’s clear to me that your boots are just a really bad choice for a person who’s feet tend to get cold easily…"

My feet got cold just reading what he is wearing on his feet. No wonder he’s having issues with cold feet :slight_smile:

neoprene boots can have different

– Last Updated: Feb-14-13 12:58 PM EST –

coatings for sealant qualities. A lot of them rely on pressure all over the foot...and if you have a high plateau above the arch with some veins in sight, that when pressured can cut off circulation to the toes. As well...there is a vein over the top part of one's heel that also interacts with circulation over the toes. Also realize that in 50deg air temps..with sun the mind's enthusiasm can play games with the body. It's easy to delude onesself into thinking that it's delightful outside...while you may not be properly keeping your core heated....with no hinderance of circulation from waist...down ones' legs as well.
I try to get out and paddle the canoe as soon as the ice is out...and in the early years would sometimes, on those sunny days that would turn cloudy, windy, and cold as hell... end up just a few steps from hypothermia.