My wife says we have to many boats

We travel with the seasons
We go out 3/5 times a week usually, We live in Kansas, go out on lakes and rivers when at home. High wind on lakes and flat rivers. Working in Atlanta now so mostly class 1 and 2 rivers.

I work in construction and travel with favorable seasons, so we do not have any kayak season, just lots of different areas to explore, lots of different water. Upcoming winter in Texas, so we are checking out the gulf.

ww boat time!
“Working in Atlanta now so mostly class 1 and 2 rivers.”

There’re also class II/III/IV rivers nearby you can get into white water side of things.

Having done both I would strongly recommend anyone seriously into paddling to take a couple lessons in white water if they have the opportunity. Push your skill level big time in a hurry!

alan_gage is correct…
All of my canoes but 3 are second hand.

Many of them were in like new condition when I purchased them.

Some of them had “never” been paddled.

The price I paid was typically 50 to 60 percent “less” than their original, retail cost.

Some cost even less than that.

Some canoes I currently own were paid for with money from the sale of canoes I’d previously owned.

I typically have at least one canoe having a restoration done; currently re-outfitting a Mad River Flashback.

I like messing around in, and messing with canoes.

BOB

You Mean Five (5) Boats Per Person?
Would be just about right. So for a family of four, twenty boats should be the minimum. And if any family members race, then double that figure to 40, for you got to factor in damage, loss and repairs.

14 canoes here…
I have bought all three grandsons kayaks. The youngest one turned five on June 26 and that is what I bought him for his birthday. I also picked up a couple of sit in kayaks on craigslist real cheap for the boys or friends to paddle. I am the one buying most of the boats in this family. Although, my husband recently bought one I found on craigslist. And I too have too many shoes and too much jewelry, but I would rather part with some of the shoes or jewelry before I part with my canoes.

45 Pounds is Too Heavy
Go get her a 16 - 17 pounds OC-1 or 20 pounds or less surfski. This way she can carry, load and store w/o your help. Plus, never get her face and hair wet rolling.

It all depends
If you live in a state like Pa. where you have to register the boats to use them in a lot of places, You wind up like me …registering a boat or two and then never useing it or not registering it and wanting to use it.

Right now I have paid up on 8 boats and only used 3 this year so far.

Maybe i do have to many

have her try…

– Last Updated: Jul-09-12 12:51 PM EST –

...a Venture Easky 15LV. If she liked your Tsunami and has enjoyed the Manitou, she'll love the 44 lb Easky. I'm an average sized woman and it's my favorite of our fleet of 10 boats (in fact it performs as well as the most expensive one we have). Looks great, too. No offense, but I find it more graceful than the Tsunamis.

It has the most comfortable cockpit outfitting of any of my boats. Is easy to roll with it's low Greenland style stern deck, substantial thigh hooks and a convertible seat back that turns into a sort of low backband. The boat is sleek and reasonably fast and you can usually find one for under $1000 -- with it I can easily keep pace with paddling buddies in their $3000 fiberglass and composite boats. It's a blast to surf waves and boat wakes with it -- the boat almost seems to love rough water.

I know it's not just me -- I often share our various boats with friends and family and everyone who paddles the Easky immediately wants to buy one like it.

boats for Gulf/rough water

– Last Updated: Jul-09-12 2:06 PM EST –

To start, I'd consider adding a surf-worthy sit-on-top that the youngsters could use, and a small sea kayak like the Tsunami SP.

Boat fit
These removeable hip pads are a great option if you’ve got a fleet with multiple users:

http://kayakoutfitting.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=21

Also useful if you’re renting.