NDK Explorer Elite Layup

xplore-s, xplore-m,xplore,xplore-x

Thanks but…
My question was how they expanded to three, not whether they had. When TideRace first launched, there were two of each in the Xcite and Xplorer, and only the S had a subscript. The other was without the additional tag.

sorry here is a bit of clarification
Xplore has four volumes. One is new the M.

Xplore (standard). Xplore_S (not new), Xplore_M (new) Xplore_X (large and not new)

Xcite (standard) Xcite_S (not new)

Xtra (between xcite and Xtreme and new)

Xtreme (sea kayaking park and play surf boat with planing hull and new)

Xcape (new entry level products aimed at newer paddlers wider and more stable with entry level layups and new last year).

“entry level layups” ?
I’m not sure what that means. It could be hardier layups for paddlers who cannot control their boats and are likely to hit damaging objects or make hard landings. Or it could mean lighter layups for paddlers too timid to get near rocks. Or it could mean less expensive layups for entry level budgets :wink:

"newer and sexier"
both beauty and sexiness are in the eye of the beholder :wink:

I still find most iterations of the Nordkapp among the sexiest ob kayaks :wink:

Layups
Tiderace does a hardcore layup on all their kayaks except the cape models to offer a wider range of prices for people who still want a tide race hull. So it will be simpler to build, and less expensive without too much of a sacrifice of durability or weight. So this means, slightly heavier, less stiff and less expensive.

No knock on the nordkapp
I love the valley nordkapp lv. Fast responsive and fun. The full volume is just kinda big on me.

Best,

Keith

Yeah, the Nordlow is a very fun boat.
For me the Nordkapp LV is about the best looking and most thrilling boat to paddle…