Necky a Good Company?

seconding sing
The outfitter you are dealing with is much more significant than the company producing the boat.

I ordered an Elaho pretty close to when they first became available. Turns out that Johnson decided to move Necky plastic production out of Canada to the States before I got my boat.

It was 8 months from time of order until I got my Elaho. Could have been a real drag. However, the outfitter I ordered it from (Lake George Kayak) loaned me their demo Elaho until mine came in!

Necky Rep
Spoke to a Necky Rep in Chatham,Ma last year and he said so far Johnson had let the pre Johnson people have their say as to design ect. They have not interfered as of yet.It is probably a good thing that Johnson owns them or they probably would not have survived without them. It seems that the big Co. buy out the little guys. It the way of the world. The rep said he would leave if Johnson meddled.

FishHawk

Necky …Good support in this area.
We bought a Necky Looksha Sport. It had a manufacturing defect on its skeg. This was before it was owned by Johnson. The local rep met me and we traded boats. He upgraded it to one with a rudder. I am happy to recommend Necky. Never heard of any other problems from all of my friends.

Zoar Sport
I am definitely a big bastard and I can paddle this boat all day and be comfortable. I find it to be reliable and fast enough and rigged with enough space to cram the little bit of crap I need. I’m not paddling to France just across Champlain or Magog. It’s a good value and I’ve enjoyed it, my guess is you will too.

p

Necky Reps
Interesting what you said about your local Necky rep…I hooked up with Necky and subsequenly joined Team Necky as a direct result of my dealings with the western Canada Necky rep, Dave Vanderveen. He too was there well before the Johnson buyout. So far, things have been great.

Cheers…Joe O’Blenis

Looksha IV
I purchased a Looksa IV (made in Canada) with a skeg and have been paddling it for about 4 months now. This is my third boat. Prior to purchasing this boat I spoke with alot of people and read alot of reviews. Most were good and a few bad. I personally love this boat (that is after taking out the origional seat and install a new seat pad and back band. Definitely not a kayak for everyone but I find that it is really quick, turns quickly on edge and is very well made. Tippy and would be very nervy for a beginner!