Necky Elaho vs. Perception Avatar 15.5??

Late comer…
If you have a chance, try out the Elaho in carbon-fiber. Wife has one and it tracks & handles far better than the glass or plastic versions.

It’s got a rudder which I use on windy days, but she’s never put it down. It’s an amazing boat on edge…Confidence-inspiring primary & secondary stability.

As said above (and I’d reiterate), it accelerates very well, but it’s not a very fast boat. It could limit your mileage on longer trips. It’s a great boat to portage or car-top as it’s so light.

Very dry bulkheads and a useable day hatch.

Very adjustable seat cushion & braces.

Not familiar with your other choice, but I’m your size & love my CD Solstice GTS…

Hope I helped. Have fun demo-ing. I’m jealous (it’s snowing & blowing here)!

@wilsoj2 said:
Elaho skegged 15’10"

I’ve camped out of my Elaho, but my Thermarest pad would end up on the rear deck.

How do you camp on this? I am looking to kayak and camp the Florida Keys and looking at ways to camp on a kayak since camp grounds are full.

Talk about bringing an old thread back to life…

You don’t camp on the kayak, but use it to carry gear. In this case (likely due to size of pad versus limited storage space inside kayak) the thermarest was transported strapped to the back deck. So theya re not sleeping on top of their kayak.

Oh my.!

Maury, that response is from my husband who is three plus years beyond needing to worry about corporal concerns. But speaking for him since he can’t, of course he did not mean sleeping in the boat. That answer was on where the gear fit, inside or out.

If camp grounds are full it is not a boat issue, but a legal issue. Whether there are places you can stay overnight without being called out for trespassing. If you want to sleep in the boat, you’d better switch to a canoe. But once you land it to cook or deal with other necessaries, you are back on the question of trespassing.