New Pentax W30

My Canon SD 800 IS is taking very good
pictures in its waterproof case. I invert the entire camera when using it in the case, because that puts the LCD screen real close to the “top” edge of the camera where it is easier for me to compare what I see over the camera with the screen.

I plan to install and calibrate a water-tolerant viewfinder to the waterproof case, using the tripod screw tap for a mounting point. I have a good camera repair guy up the street to help me select a usable viewfinder. But so far, just having the LCD screen close to the “top” edge of the inverted camera has worked very well. I work the shutter and the zoom lever with my left thumb.

AA
Regarding the AA - I had the Ricoh Caplio before and had to change the rechargebles after a few images. With my W10 I carry two small spare batteries with me (few bucks at Eb**, same model for other cam, too, so it will be available for a longer time), but even after shooting over 100 pics I didn’t have to change.

So it’s only a problem if you really can’t recharge it - somewhere in the wilderness for some weeks.

See the New York (and other) pics at

http://world.klaweb.de/index.php

for some image examples.

Small favor? …
Could you post somewhere or e-mail me several photos of you using your 800IS and case set-up, and maybe size comparison pix – next to PFD pocket? Inside? In hands?

Seems like great, versatile camera with a nice lens and a nice housing – I’m looking to upgrade from my OptioWPi and want to see if I could handle the bigger size and still use it more than a bit on whitewater trips.

Thanks!

~ Shaun

shaunotter@yahoo.com

more frames per second
You can consider movie mode as a hidden fast shooting mode: 15 or 30 640x480 pixels frames per second.

Example of frames extracted from video shot with Pentax Optio WP and W10:

http://photokayaker.fit2paddle.com/C177013755/E20061002220110/index.html

WAY too low-res …
the clarity/ resolution is only good enough (in good light only) as it is for me at six megapixels. I need to get a Pelican case for my real camera (SLR).