Nigel Foster DVDs -- opinion

Tony Hawk’s in the house!
That ain’t Nigel. Did you have an imposter run your clinic?

oops
Oh geeze, are you serious? I didn’t attend that class. I just remembered seeing the pics awhile ago and assumed that was him in the first pic.

You’re pullin my leg, aren’t you.

…Mike

Honestly, I don’t think that is him.
At least in watching the six hours of video, I don;t see the same guy in the video in those pics. Someone else on pnet could verify, I am sure. I ike the pics, though. Must be with telephoto lens. Especially the one with a yellow yak breaking through the waves.

I guess from the fact that
you [evans] didn’t respond there isn’t anything constructive to say about the video’s teaching methods.

hey is that him with the lampshade on?
wow, what a looker…

I am writing this 19 years after the original post. I have been kayaking for nigh on 40 years. I am entirely self-taught, save for a rolling class. I am planning a long trip next year and figured I might need to get up to speed on braces, self-rescue and my very rusty rolling. I bought the whole series of Nigel Foster’s DVDs off of ebay. I discovered that there were a lot of things he talks about and shows that I had never learned. It’s been invaluable to me.

2 Likes

Nigel has a very logical approach to boat handling, particularly in his “wind and waves” live course, which I was fortunate to take twenty years ago (I’ve never seen the videos). He’s also funny as hell in person, and encouraged us to go paddling in Shetland, which was truly the kayaking experience of a lifetime.

We’re both GP users and have had the good fortune to spend time with Greg Stamer as well. Like Nigel, he’s an exceptional instructor and a really nice guy.

1 Like