northeast texas pineywoods paddlers

Sabine River
It’s a small world. We definitely know the same people, then! I competed one year in the Trinity River Challenge.

The Sabine River trip is the next one (Feb 23-24) and a friend and I are planning on going. I think their website is temporarily down right now, but the trip will be from Hwy 79 in Carthage to Hwy 2517. 10 or 12 miles I think. Short mileage for an overnight trip, but designed to be lazy with a focus on fishing. I don’t fish, but will take advantage of the slower than usual pace to explore other channels and nature watch. And, if they are successful, there might be fried fish on the menu that night! Our weather’s been so squirrely, though, that as another friend pointed out to me the other day, with the squirrely weather we’ve had lately, who knows whether it will be 20 degrees…or 75!

Texas Lady & Roadtrip

– Last Updated: Feb-07-08 11:07 PM EST –

The plan is to put in at FM 1794 and go to 2517. Thats about 21 miles. We will be camping on Saturday night on the first nice sandy beach we find after we pass the US79 bridge. The Saturday night potluck will hopefully feature the catch of the day. And yes, you two have met, I have video of both of you running the toob chutes at New Braunfels last year.

LBaker is coming too! See you all on the 23rd.

Martin Dies trip
Just wanted to let you know I have confirmed that I will be going down on the 15th (fri) and plan on paddling Fri afternoon and all day Sat. Welcome to join me- also…check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pineywoodspaddletrekkers/

Sabine trip description
Bryan…the trip description needs to be revised, then. It says Hwy 79, and 12.3 miles for the distance! I would have gone to the wrong place!