Northern Florida trip planning help needed

Yes it’s narrow but as long as you’ve paddles more than 30 seconds it very manageable. It’s quite beautiful the entire way but when in the woods (jungle) it’s outstanding. The water is crystal clear too. Usually no gators in the narrows so you can swim without being eaten.

@Medawgone said:
Kayak Ken- Is Juniper Springs run to narrow, for a 16-17ft Sea Kayaks? We stop by the park, a few years ago. What little we could see, it was single lane wide. Does it get any wider, after leaving the park area? We prefer our sea kayaks, but have 14ft kayaks as well. May do an unplanned road trip, next weekend. Waiting to see the mid week forecasts.

its very narrow at the top. and about a boat length wide further down. with some places that are much wider. It will test your maneuvering capability and is best run weekdays… I have done it several times and once with a group of 30 people and 15 canoes having a mayhem mishap party which blocked that part of the run temporarily…

It is not for beginners but I think that does not apply here…

I ran Juniper in my Tarpon 160 and did some brush busting in a couple of tight spots. Enjoyed the run .
I really enjoyed the Silver. Paddled it from the springs to the Oklawaha. The wildlife watching in the spring is great. All the babies are out - ducks, Cormorants, birds, and monkeys.

@string said:
I ran Juniper in my Tarpon 160 and did some brush busting in a couple of tight spots. Enjoyed the run .
I really enjoyed the Silver. Paddled it from the springs to the Oklawaha. The wildlife watching in the spring is great. All the babies are out - ducks, Cormorants, birds, and monkeys.

And Gators .

You quoted yourself? LOL