nose or ears?

not fond
of water up my nose or in my ear. Usually don’t have a problem with water in the ear but always get some water in my nose. Still, don’t think it really bothers me much other than sinus problems once in a while.( freshwater only where I paddle)

Swimming cap
Why hasn’t anyone mention swimming cap for preventing water from going into the ears? I usually put one on for the ear, a nose plug for the nose. And I’m pretty comfortable hanging upside down in the water.

BTW, the reason water goes so far into the nose is (I think) because of the body position during the setup stage. I don’t have as much problem of water in my nose even when I dive to the bottom of the pool. But I have a real problem when hanging upside down in the “setup” position for a few second. That’s a few second too long. I can feel the water going deep, deeper, way deep into my nose with every passing second!

natural protection
when it comes to tea colored warm water with multiple fish kills due to low oxygen levels or algae blooms I don’t think “natural” levels of ear wax will help.

turn head sideways
and exhale slowly. It helps.

No, maybe not, but…
…not having it from over cleaning will make things worse.

You’re making my canal sound clean (and it’s not)!

been there
I did start regular rinses whenever I came out of the bay but that was after I developed a chronic ear/sinus infection. Prior to that I was basically rinsing my sinuses with bay water,and it doesn’t belong in sinuses,especially warm water that smells sulforous in the reeds, is prone to poisoinous algae blooms and fish kills.

I thought you were talking about hair
growth.