nose plugs that don't fall off?

Air bags

– Last Updated: Dec-14-06 11:34 AM EST –

Wha Ho, Pilgrims;

Wit me magnificant proboscis, dem 60" NRS canoo flotation end bags in each nostril werks fer me. Actually, ah' gots dis bump fro' me' schoozola bein' busted many years ago, so nuttin' stays on too good.

Fat Elmo

DougD had some good clamps
He used them to hold together some pieces of wood for a paddle. Bet they wouldn’t fall off, greasy nose or not.

Might get in the way of your forward tuck when you set up, though. :wink:

really?
My tweakers seem to stay on fine.

Is this too obvious?

– Last Updated: Dec-15-06 2:51 PM EST –

Has anyone tried foam ear plugs? The kind you roll into a tight cylinder before inserting into the ear canal? Seems to me to be a sure-fire seal, but might not be as convenient as outside clips.

Dang it! I'm going to go grab a pair and do a test now.

Jim

EDIT: OK now Iknow why. Ear canals are smaller than nostrils. Even expanded, the earplugs failed to seal properly. ANd I looked like a dufus.

Bet they didn’t work to well

– Last Updated: Dec-15-06 5:18 PM EST –

If they did, I guess I know less than I thought I did. If not, let me know and I'll tell you why.

Edit: Yup, that's what I was gonna say. Bang on.

I have the same problem
I took a pair of the big round padded springed clips and glued round pieces of the green scrub pads on them. They don’t fall off, but you do have to be careful about just reaching up and yanking them off as they will abrade your nose.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained
At least you found out for yourself. No harm done.

Are you talking about Scotchbrite pads?
Sorry, but that image is just too funny.

If you want to be less conspicuous (hee hee), the hardware store carries them in various “grits” in a grey color.

Another use for nose grease . . .
If you get chapped dry lips, nose grease can help that. It’s always handy!

I don’t know the brand name.
You can’t see the pads.

The one I used was very thin.

Nose Plugs that stay in place
I ,too, have an oily nose, so I researched online for plugs that might work. I purchased a pair of Sinus Savers, which I really like, but when they DO come out (my fault as I am so used to slowly blowing air out through my nose when upside down under water) they are really hard to spot on the bottom of the pool. As I am teaching myself to Eskimo roll, I wanted to somehow attach them to my PFD. Everything I tried wanted to “unplug” them. I finally sprayed the outside of them with blaze orange Plasti Dip from Ace Hardware. Now I can easily find them when I screw up and blow out through my nose. They DO stay in quite well and work excellently when I do MY part! :wink: