Odyssey 14 or Supernova

thanks
a pic is worth a thousand words. they look really wide but I’m about the same size as you so it may work for me as well…diffently something i’ll play around with. is your saddle strapped in instead of glued?

food for thought
from what i’m hearing from u guys i may have to consider a saddle myself. i always assumed they were uncomfortable (never sat in one) and used only in ww playboats…

not glued

– Last Updated: Dec-03-05 12:17 PM EST –

It is held down front of center by the black strap you can see. It is held down in the rear by the thwart oak thwart you can see. The saddle rises up on the back and is then recessed to just accomadate a thwart running through the recess. The thwart places a good deal of downward pressure on the saddle (it is even slightly flexed). It is a very tight fit al around.

For additional security, I placed a 150 grit dry wall sanding screen under the saddle at the front and back to prevent slippage. They are basically impervious to water and course on both sides.

only in ww playboats
Yea, I’ve been admonished in that way myself. But, I figure it’s readily removable and even re-saleable.

However, given that I basically never sit in that boat anyway, the fact that the saddle is safer from foot entrapment, and the fact that I can be “one” with the hull, I think I’m going like it a lot.

Now I just have to get out to try it. Maybe tomorrow …

not just playboats
I use one in one of my solo OC1s as well. It was designed as a WW slalom boat, but I use it on streams and occasionally on lakes. The only differences are that I don’t use the thigh straps and I have the saddle strapped in and it can be adjusted forward or back. I picked a saddle that I felt reasonably comfortable sitting on as well.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/133354146/462613771IbvHZn

http://community.webshots.com/photo/133354146/462616167KmuPKP

that is a sweet looking canoe!

– Last Updated: Dec-04-05 8:34 AM EST –

Looks like she can readily teach good river manners as well.

What makes that saddle a more comfy sitter than some others. Is it because of extra width?

How do you like the Northwater daisy chains for securing the saddle? How much, if any, does it shift around?

saddle and chains
I’m not sure what makes it more comfortable. I just sat and knelt on the various models that BMO had in stock and I liked this one the best. I like the daisy chains. They hold the saddle down pretty well, and they allowed me to adjust the position of the saddle to suit my tastes and to suit other users.

Luv this boat!!!
got my boat today about 10 am was on the water by 2 pm … all my fears were unfounded I LUV THIS BOAT…

Congratulations!
I’m glad you like it. This boat really is a bit of a “step back in time” from a typical general-purpose design, and its ease of initial roll might feel a bit uncomfortable to many when stepping into it for the first time. Nice to hear that it feels good to you right away. I for one think it’s a sweet boat (though I’m still getting acquainted with it), and I’m sure you will love it even more as time goes by. Have fun!