Old aluminum vs. new Ram-X

scared a bit
of my ram x kayak .weird i sure wish i found this forum a long time ago. i still like my pelican but i could of done better if i saw all the post here…

thank you gbg , for an excellent …

– Last Updated: Sep-18-10 1:08 AM EST –

...... explanation , and the time/effort you put into it .

I'm reasonably certain that I fully understand all you have said/discribed in regards to the bouyancy principles (Archimedes) .

Applying the principles of the theory seem to make perfect sense to me (and exactly as you have described them) , yet I'm still not 100% certain there are not other factors/principles that may be being neglected in our bouyancy conversation .

I'm pretty certain you do not believe any other factors/principles are applicable or possible to be included in the bouyancy equation ... my mental comprehension says you are fully correct , but my gut instinct says something is missing (just can't put my finger on it at present) maybe that's because it's just not there .

There are a number of different things I want to look into further , review and see if I can eliminate my wonder if they have any bearing on the bouyancy equation . If I find anything other than the basic Archimedes principles of bouyancy that might be applicable , I will bring it up and ask what you think of them .

Again gbg , thanks for the time and efforts you've given .

Alright Pwingz

– Last Updated: Sep-18-10 2:25 AM EST –

You seem to have an affinity for cheap $hit, and a penchant for defending it. Whatever. Ram X is crap, the vast majority of poly is crap. The serious core of canoers know it. We all know that they are manufactured for ease of stacking/transport more than paddling efficiency. Deny it all you want, doesn't change a thing.

After a rant about your *opinions,* you say:

"Not argument , these are statements ... facts ."

Furthermore, I'd point out statements like:

"the little Coleman is a good paddler with a light load . It does Ok ."

Which is it? Good or okay?

"Do I think it has all the refined hydrodynamic characteristics of a highly efficient canoe design ... no not at all , but it is good little paddler."

Not at all, you say. But it is somehow a good paddler?

These statements make you look clueless, or at least in the tight clutches of cognitive dissonance theory. Confused, you are (as Yoda would say).

I am just glad you are at last starting to try and understand something as basic as buoyancy. Now that I am your 'bad guy' you can start to listen to GBG. I don't particularly fault your not understanding it, as a maritime cadet I saw first hand how many otherwise intelligent ppl couldn't wrap their minds around some of the principles.

I still think you need to stay in your lane until you know what you are talking about. I don't care if it was 1901 you first dipped your paddle. If you haven't learned anything since then, keep quiet. In fact, I have seen video evidence Burt Reynolds and John Voight dipped their paddles back in the 70's too, but I am not going to *either* of them for canoe advice. Ppl have been very patient with you.

I don't give 2 poos if you think I am an a-hole bad guy. I am telling you flat out you don't know what you are talking about (yet). So again, STFU and listen, maybe you will learn something. It's easier to do so when ignoramus' like you aren't creating so much useless white noise.

ETA: If I thought for *one second* your POVs here were the result of experience and wisdom, I wouldn't have piped up. It is so glaringly obvious you don't know what you are talking about I felt compelled to pipe up. Sorry if you don't like it, but you are just... wrong.

E xcellent Treatise Guideboatguy
That was a better explanation of bouyancey and displacement than i ever got in physics class.

Bravo!

This was a great way to waste a day! Thanks for the passionate discussion, folks.

@RussSeese said:
This was a great way to waste a day! Thanks for the passionate discussion, folks.

What? Talk about being late to the campfire circle! Some of those present then are no longer