Old School WW Boats?

Helpful info, no decision.
Paddlinpals pretty well summed up my understanding of the situation, and I really appreciated the clarification on creeking, and the suggestions re boats similar to the Pirouette S. I had a Dagger Vesper for 5+ years, took a couple classes in a Merlin LT last summer, and traded for a Merlin LT late last fall. Just got the Merlin in the water last Sunday (partly ice, mostly water) and that will provide plenty of opportunity to improve my paddling skills for a while. The Pirouette S, or something similar, would be something to take the abuse of shallower, narrower streams, and provide a vehicle for development of WW strokes and skills. Due to the age of these boats, and spousal concern over the growing fleet, any such purchase would be a used boat, and the decision may have to be made on the spot, thus all of your background info could be very helpful. Thanks to all for sharing.

Dagger Response
is a good old boat. Very stable, easy to roll, goes 4 MPH if you push it, and spins 180 deg. without provocation until you learn to paddle it - but I assume all ww boats do this -

Good old boat?
Well I don’t think so. I can make almost anything go straight and the Response is one of the harder boats to control. It is widely regarded as one of Dagger’s duds. There are many older boats that are a better choice for someone starting out (assuming the decision to go with an older boat is fixed).

I thought it was just me.
Took about 7 or 8 times on the water before I got the knack of going in one direction, but like a lot of boat stuff, once you get it wired there’s nothing to it.

For just goofing around on easy water, at $100 or so, its a GREAT old boat (once you get used to it!)