one lure

In the South, for bass you had better
have a big spinner bait and/or a plastic worm. Actually, for fresh water, the all around best bait is probably a bucked of earth worms.

I would use a
4" Yammy Senko in Green Pumpkin w/Black Fleck fished on a #1 Gammy SS hook

one lure…
white bucktail jig hands down. I’ve caught more fish on those in both fresh and saltwater than any other lure I own.

Kastmasters, diamond jigs, and hopkins are tops for tins

Jelly worms kill bass and many other freshwater species, and work well for plenty of salt fish as well.

inline spinner
Inline spinner, white or black, color makes not much difference… They are fish catchers, especially the vibric type.

I
would like to try the 1/8 oz white bucktail jig. Which kind should I buy and where should I buy it?

white buck-tail jig
another great fish producer. A friend of mine makes his own, from casting his own jig head, down to tying the deer tail hair he harvested the previous year. Over the years he has perfected his presentation to what species of fish he is after. To make a long story short… he catches fish. Lots of fish… Happy fishin.

Rapala or Panther martin spinner
The silver and black floating 3 inch Rapala or the 1/4 ounce silver blade with white or yellow body Panther Martin spinner. I’ve caught more fish on these two artificials than any others.

White bucktails
You can buy white bucktails at almost any fishing store, or try cabelas, they should have some. Ebay is a terrific source for cheap bucktails, personally, I have tons of them, but if I need more I just tie my own over the winter.

Spoon - Luhr-Jensen Krocadile

– Last Updated: Aug-18-05 9:09 PM EST –

It's tough to narrow it down to only 1. I would have to say a wobbling spoon like a Luhr-Jensen prism Krocadile. That can catch just about anything in the sea....salmon, bass, yellowtail, jacks, macks, seabass, sharks, halibut, rockfish and many more...

Then there’s dynamite, old army crank
style telephones, and nets. I think if I were stuck in the boonies…warm water…if I could take something with me to catch fish, a clorox jug, nylon cording, and a few hooks suitable for catfish would be my choice. The same hooks would be good for several salt water fish that can be caught on trot and juglines, though for salt, you want stainless hooks.

Try a Hofmann
I’ve caught just about everything from bluegills to channel cats & bass on a small spoon by Hofmann Lures. It has a small stinger hook so bluegills can get their small mouths hooked. Problem is that the tackle shop sold all they had and I’ve not been able to find any. Even wrote & called the company with no luck. I have 2 left.

Floating Rapala
One lure for all fish? A floating Rapala, 6", perch or blue. It can be worked almost on top, walk the dog. It can be trolled or cranked down to about 3’ deep. If you want to go deeper just add some weight.

Zara Spook Puppy
Definitely a Zara Spook Puppy. It draws VIOLENT topwater strikes from angry river run Smallies. Dont give up after just a few casts on a likely spot. It sometimes takes 10-15 repeated casts and just when you think you have scared every fish within a quarter mile … BOOOOM!

Northern Pike think they are tasty also but I have had more luck with the larger spook.

Anyone Fly Fishing from A KAYAK???
Am I crazy or… has anyone tried flyfishing from a KAYAK?

Danged Rapala again…
…so much for my spinner or spoon. The only thing I could get bit on today was the standard 3" black and silver Rapala. Got a couple of hits on a 4" Power Worm, but nothing like the Rapala.

That said, I still couldn’t ice-fish the Rap very well!

Lots of people fly fish
Do a search on fly fishing; lots of people do it, and plenty of posts.

I’ve had my fly rod out about a half-dozen times in the kayak, and it is a lot of fun. I use it on small lakes most often, but took it on the river just to try out. I tend to be a popper/streamer guy.

My Sister only uses on lure!
Honestly! She only fishes with a black plastic worm rigged texas style. It works in salt water and fresh and she often catches more than the rest of us. Bass, redfish. speckled trout and a host of other fisf will take it.

Sneeky Pete
Balsa wood, frog-like popper for a fly rod. Caught everything from largemouth bass to smallmouth, to trout, to sunnies to pickeral and perch! My “desert island” lure.

Only One Lure is Insane!!
But…I would choose a 4" hooktail worm in red/gold flakes from Fish Blaster Baits (available on line only). It has never failed to catch fish and all of Slick’s products are incredible and affordable. I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever; I found it at www.nybass.com, a fishing site I belong to. Just my honest opinion.

If I could choose a spare, it would definitely be a Zoom horny toad in white, followed by my Rapala green/orange jointed floating minnow.

One Lure

– Last Updated: Oct-24-05 11:08 AM EST –

Bead head wooly Bugger.