Ouch! My head hurts!

Wondered about that
Will be removing some cap buttons soon. :slight_smile:

The seam down the center of my cap hurts
too - a little.

Today I carried my approximately 32 lb Sawyer Starlight on my head for about 30 feet and thatā€™s about all the farther Iā€™d want to carry it that way without some padding on either the seat or my head. I didnā€™t want to take the time to mount the portage yoke on it for this little outing.

Ahh yes
I carry my Osprey by adjusting the seat so the front is just behind the ballance point and have some weight on the top of my head where it touches the camoe bottom-proboble 50/50.I have perminant kneeling pads which helps pad my head.I learned right away to not to wear a hat with a button in the center so I can symathize.When paddleing in muddy conditions the top of my head gets muddy-I always forget a stocking hat to keep it clean-someone said if I left that mud up there for fertilizer it would grow some hair!

Turtle

L
thatā€™s why we have plastic, why carry when you can DRAG it!!! i drag my plastic Kruger all over the place, as long as its not pavement or concreteā€¦

Put a soft pad on the seat.
I tried this with my approximately 32 lb Sawyer Starlight solo canoe today and it worked pretty well, though my hat today had neither button or seam on top.

This also works with my 56lb Swift Caspian Sea kayak, which has a padded seat.