Paddle Clubs to Emulate?

You used to be able to set-up under ACA

OOPS
http://www.oopskayak.org/

Connyak
Have been involved as member is various clubs and having been involved as an officer in one club - I think the way ConnYak is organized is the best way.

Too much structure leads to problems

Too much pride in organizing a club leads to problems

Kayaking for better or worse is pretty much an individual sport that we enjoy with a few other people.

But large groups are problematic and can hurt the sport and it’s image.

. . . just my opinion YMMV

cheers,

Thanks for the great feedback.
Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. The suggestions and links are much appreciated, and will be very useful as we move forward with our paddling group. No fancy website at this time, but if you’re headed to Eastern Iowa for paddling, please feel free to email us at sticksinthewater@yahoo.com.

Paddling Clubs
I am currently serving as the president of the Hoosier Canoe Club (canoes & kayaks) in Indiana. I can share many perspectives regarding the organization, operation and maintenance of a well-functioning club with a 45 year history. Some of the things that have been tackled under my tyranical rule are: insurance, instruction, newsletter, website, and that political action committee known to most of you as the ACA. Problems, I think I’ve seen them all.

Send me a PM @ rbaker@idem.in.gov and I will be happy to share electronic versions of the HCC Constitution, by-laws, trip sponsor guide and whatever else I can gin up. As much as I detest the notion of liability insurance for a common adventure club, I can even help you there.