Paddle Float Recommendations ??

Foam float suggestions
I know of the northwater foam float - is that a good one to buy or is there another brand that performs better? This sounds like the better way to go for me with the cold water coming.

You can also make one
I made an extra large paddle float so that I could haul myself up directly as an alternative to a roll. All it takes is a hunk of styrofoam.

Seattle Sports makes one
Seattle Sports’ foam block float works OK - can’t compare to Northwater, as I’ve never used it. It has less flotation than the SealLine inflatable paddle float I use under my thighs to keep my legs from going to sleep.

Some of the concern people have about taking the time to blow up an inflatable in cold conditions is easy to avoid by inflating your float ahead ot time in cold conditions. Then put it under your legs or deck lashings, just like a foam block float.

My inflatable is always ready to go, and actually serves a purpose in the cockpit on a daily basis, which you can’t say about the foam block. Plus it cost exactly the same as the SealLine thigh cushion, which won’t function as a paddle float.

Thigh cushion
Interesting you mention the Sealine thigh cushion as i ordered this recently. Just started using the cusion and it is awesome for comfort - I dont have much room in my tempest 165 so i dont think a paddle float would fit as nicely for me. Thanks for the suggestions.